Wednesday 12 August 2009

Banner Business

So, the Assembly polls are right around the corner. You know this not because the newspapers keep mentioning it... (Face it - the hot story nowadays is the Swine Flu and the consequent rise in the number of deaths). Our political parties, however, always make their presence felt. Of course, by that I do not mean instances of social welfare or public interests (Don't be ludicrous!) You know it's election time when a momentary lapse in awareness, while you're walking down the street, results in you smacking your face into a banner full of faces you don't quite recognise.

One such political party in the last elections, a few months ago, was of the opinion that people living between Kandivali and Malad were less than 4 feet tall. So they put a banner which I like to call - The Public Problem:


What happened the next day though, was nothing short of a miracle. I think if we all followed in their footsteps (rather than wait for the electoral commissions' guidelines... Heaven knows when they'll arrive) we may have, what I like to call - The Public Solution:


Whether it was a rival political party or a concerned citizen, I just want to say a big thanks for this public service that you've done. Oh! And last night, while returning home, I saw a huge banner flat on the ground... I'd like to think that even nature's on our side! *wink*

1 comment:

Real World said...

my my my! this is howlarious! you captured it well cuz!